Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Hyperspeed Reunions and BreakUps (and Still No Dinner)

I haven't posted in a while. Why? Well a lot has been going on. The relationship between Jay and I has completely dissolved. I find myself a single mother. There were challenges between us all along, we really just tried to push through the mess for the sake of Anwyn, well at least I tried. I realized though that I had been involved in an abusive relationship. I didn't realize the trap I was in until finally I had had enough and refused to let him move back in (it's part of his pattern of hold it in, blow up, freak out, leave, then move out, act 'normal', move back in). He got mean then, really mean. I now lock my doors and have had to deal with threats and harassment. I don't want to give this anymore energy but I did want to touch on it, since this blog is quite a bit more personal than any other blogs I have created.

Another thing is Anwyn's baby book is missing. It happened right after I returned from visiting my parents. Ah yes, we are reunited which I am glad for. It is nice that Anwyn will at least know some grandparents, if not her father, who is no longer showing interest in her. He is really hurting inside to be sure. I knew he had come into the house whilst I was away as somethings were moved and the shower had been used. Also a huge bottle of colloidal silver was mysteriously missing. However, since his visit (technically a break and enter!) I have not been able to find her book, which deeply saddens me. Jay swears he did not take it. I don't know if I totally believe him but there is nothing I can do other than continue in another book and pray it re-materializes. This is where I write all of her milestones and quirks, the joys and the lessons, the raw truth for her to read later, when she is older.

Anyway, tonight I had to think clearly, as Jay decided to go to a lawyer to attempt to extort me for money. I know, strange. He's the one who is in the position to be making child support payments and instead he is trying to get money out of me for a car that we had to buy because he crashed our first one. How on earth do I get involved with such situations!? So I took a double dose of l-glutamine (1000mg) and 500mg of GABA (to help me calm down) when I returned from grocery shopping. These two neurotransmitters/amino acids are related, I figure the GABA can turn down the l-glutamine, if need be. (Note: If you do take them, always take B6 with amino acids in order to properly metabolize them.)

Well, Anwyn napped from 6-7:15 pm and then she was UP, alert, practicing her standing and other activities, squealing, rolling around, putting her face right up to mine, smiling away. This girl's brain was ON! She would not get to sleep until 10pm, to my chagrin. I guess the cat litter box and the full compost will have to wait. However, I realized that the l-glutamine (and perhaps the combo with GABA) must have affected her. After all, they are amino acids used to heal the gut "brain" and brain proper and support the musculature (in fact Candace Pert who discovered the receptor for GABA noted it was found in every cell of the body). Tonight Anwyn stood up in her pak-n-play and remained standing. I could see her working up a sweat (it is very hot here in Ontario but her sweat was more from her workout) and making faces to stay standing for as long as she could. She just pushed right through it all. L-glutamine and GABA at work here? Hmmm.

I find it so interesting the ripple effects of events, the letter from the lawyer, my need to have clear thinking to respond, all trickled down to a wide awake baby and a mom who had no dinner.

These amino acids are used successfully in ADD/ADHD children and adults. Jay is adult ADD and his brother also has it. Perhaps my use of it and Anwyn getting some through the breast milk is helping her gene function at this young age to prevent a later onset of ADD. One thing is for sure, she was hyper! However she was focused, alert, interested and definitely fun. Can I say cute?!

Here is a great article on treating ADD/ADHD naturally with amino acids and other natural compounds. http://www.vrp.com/amino-acids/add-and-adhd-natural-control-of-add-and-adhd





No comments:

Post a Comment