Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Perfect Conception

How to begin?
Just begin.
The story continues...it has no real beginning or end, just loops and dances so you might as well get your feet wet somewhere along the river.
I am having a baby. Me. The activist, the busy-bee type A, the read-10-books-at-a-time medicine woman, the artist, the rabble rouser, the spiritual knowledge seeker. Me.
Interesting. Amazing!
Back track to the previous year. I had everything going for me, or thought I did. A budding career in naturopathic medicine, a huge holistic center, a great partner, a supportive family, true friends. And here I am, pee on my fingers and a stick that tells me I am pregnant in the washroom of the loft I settled into to deal with the mess of my fallen apart life (more on that later).
Okay, breathe.
At 6 weeks, I miscarried. I remember us hugging and crying together once we realized it was really happening. I remember looking at the little embryo that I caught as it was coming out of me. It was a strange experience. I practiced my spiritual work of non-attachment, having had the teaching about perfect lives. A fetus is conceived, born and then dies. A supreme karmic balancing experience. I felt honoured to host that for some soul to experience.
In March, after moving to a new house and starting a new job, I conceived again. This time she was consciously conceived. I felt my life was becoming more stable, even though I had no family to talk with anymore, after my personal Armageddon. I had read "The Ringing Cedars of Russia" book series and thus understood how important conceiving consciously really was. Also, I had been eating very clean food, alive and as organic as possible. I had quit coffee many months before. I felt this baby was here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment